Friday, October 2, 2015

It begins.

I have gone back and forth on whether or not I wanted to create a blog to show off some of my art journal pages. It seems like everyone has a blog these days and there aren't enough hours in the day to keep track of what everyone is creating and sharing, let alone talking about, so why would they have time to bookmark my blog when there are so many others that are better, more creative, and insert self-defeating reason here? Creating this blog is my answer to my inner critic.

It's entirely possible that no one will see this blog and what I post. I've decided that is perfectly fine. As art journaling is more about the creative process than it is the finished product, this blog is more about documenting my thoughts and feelings about my creations. It's not about how many readers I get or if the big people (*waves sheepishly at Dina Wakley*) know my name. It's about me being me and doing what I want to do without any thought to the numerous reasons why I shouldn't, whatever they may be.

We're flying free, my friends, and it's time to soar into the big, bad world and see what stares back at us. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment