Saturday, November 14, 2015

A Couple of Quick Sketches

I've done a couple of sketches the last few days; I thought I'd share. They're not masterpieces by any means, but they were fun and occupied a little bit of my time, (read: they successfully distracted me from organizing) so, I'm counting them as useful works of art.




My attempt at a relaxed face. I used watercolor for the skin tone, lips, and hair. I still need to work on shading and I think I had problems because I wasn't patient enough to let the washes dry before I began putting down another layer. I still think it looks pretty good though, considering where I started.




This was an idea that popped into my head as I was listening to music. I still need to work on my penmanship and the border of the mirror is way off (can you even tell that it's a mirror?). The figure on the left is a superhero and the reflection in the mirror is a villain in jail. This one was colored in with colored pencils and I used a Pigma Micron .03 pen for the outlines.

*Scroll down to listen to the song that inspired me.






Thanks for taking a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment