Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Happy Accidents

Don't you just love those moments when you choose a color you wouldn't normally pick, or a stencil that doesn't always appeal to you, only to find that the end result is your own version of artistic perfection? I'm not saying this happens to me very often because the truth is that it just doesn't. Every now and then the planets seem to align and your creations just seem to work, whether or not you'd get the same result if you tried it all over again.

I finally broke out my Gelli Arts Gelli Printing Plate and went to town with it. The images below are my top three pulls of the evening. Feel free to save the pictures and use them in your art and collage projects if you so wish.



This first one involves the use of a lettering stencil that I have never before used on my gelli plate. Since it was the first stencil I used, you can barely see it in most places. It helps build up a lot of great texture.





This next print is a lot darker than I intended to go. I used red for the bottom layer and added on a green and a blue. I like bright colors and have gotten into a habit of using bright, bold colors in my art journal. This is a welcome change.




I think this one is my favorite pull of the night. You can see some of the previous image's bottom layer which didn't completely come up, and on this pull it introduces a nice amount of red to contrast with the orange and yellow. The final layer, black, is what brings it all together.









I highly suggest that everyone get their hands on a gelli plate and experiment with all of the fun. It can be a relaxing, almost meditative process. Post a comment and let me know which is your favorite out of these three, and let me know if you have any questions.


NOTE: The images above were created using Journal Artista's (AKA Paula Phillips) "crusty bits" technique

No comments:

Post a Comment