Monday, November 9, 2015

Stencil Madness

I've recently come to the conclusion that my supply of stencils is greatly lacking. I'm intrigued by the idea of making my own stencils and have even experimented with using old packaging to create a couple of designs, but I knew I needed to put those ideas on the back burner for the time being. It is for this reason that I decided to procure some of the stencils already on the market.

There are a lot of good stencil manufacturers on the internet these days and I've been keeping a wish list for the past few months as I've tried to locate stencils that I can use over and over again without all of my creations becoming repetitive. I think I succeeded in finding some top notch stencils from a variety of creators.

A lot of my newly purchased stencils have been featured on live streams over on ustream.tv. Some of the ones I selected were specifically made for using the Gelli Arts Gelli Printing Plate, but that doesn't mean that they are only to be used for that purpose. Stencils are such a versatile tool that come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and they can be used with a variety of mediums.

I'm still waiting on a couple of my purchases to arrive in the mail. I'll post a haul video as soon as they are all in my hands and ready to be played with.



***** COOL NEWS *****

One of my favorite ustreamers is Paula Phillips, AKA Journal Artista. Her live streams are how I've come to see many of the stencils on my wish list, and she uses a variety of them to get cool effects on her numerous projects. It was recently announced that she has become a new StencilGirl artist.

She has come out with 3 stencil designs so far and they are fantastic! I'm eagerly waiting for their arrival so I can start using them. 

Check out the announcement and her stencils ASAP. You won't regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment